Keeping people requires conflict resolution.
Here are some methods of conflict resolution. (Some work, some do not.)
1. Consensus -- respectable, general agreement or collective opinion.
2. Concession -- conceding, yielding
3. Compromise -- a mutual concession in which neither party gets what he wants.
Something has to be surrendered on both sides.
4. Cooperation -- working together
5. Confrontation -- confronting conflict is healthy if the A is in charge.
Having confronted a problem, complementary communication, even friendly talking, can take place provided the P does not take charge of the conversation with
blaming, placating, or lecturing.
And, if the frightened C does not run from the problem with distractions, changing the subject, or laughing it off.
6. Conciliation -- conciliation is what you do to smooth of rough edges after confrontation. Conciliation means to overcome hostility or suspicion and to secure friendship.